Over 25 million adults in the US are considered Limited English Proficient (LEP), and immigrants are now 1 in 2 new workers. This can present series obstacles in the workplace with regard to efficiencies, accidents, customer service and employee advancement.
Our Workforce English as a Second Language courses prepare employees to effectively communicate at work. We help students build listening and speaking skills, increase their confidence using the language and set them up for success by teaching important aspects of US culture. This training raises employee morale and loyalty at the same time that it improves their job performance.
Click to read our Grand Victoria Case Study and learn about how English classes have helped their organization!
Introductory English Classes
Our introductory English Classes focus on job-related tasks, such as:
- Talking about time and schedules
- Giving and following instructions
- Greeting customers
- Customer service
- Calling in sick
- Reporting repairs, accidents and emergencies
As a result of these classes, employees are better able to communicate with customers, supervisors and co-workers from other backgrounds.
Advanced English Classes
Maybe you have an employee who’s been with you for years and whom you’d love to promote – but he or she still lacks the reading and writing skills necessary to successfully complete your management training program. Or maybe you have an employee whose accent makes him/her uncomfortable giving presentations or participating during a conference call. No matter what the language gaps are, we can address them – and help your employees gain the skills and confidence they need to communicate effectively.
- We come to you when it’s convenient for your employees (during lunch breaks, between shifts, early morning, evenings, etc.).
- We give our students tools that they can immediately use to improve their ability to communicate on the job.
- We offer in-depth language classes as well as one-time language and/or cultural training workshops.
- Our language classes teach people to communicate in a fun, low-stress environment.
- We empower people to use the language as well as teach them important cultural differences.
Our industry expertise includes English training for hotels, restaurants, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services and more. Contact us to find out how we can create a class to fit your needs.